Changing Cities: Spatial, Design, Landscape & Socio-Economic Dimensions
International Conference | 22-26 June 2015 | Porto Heli, Peloponnese, Greece
In the last decades, we have all witnessed a series of universal changes and developments affecting cities:
- The formation of urban networks and city-hierarchies under the conditions of economic globalization and European integration.
- The rise of post-industrial urban economies, mainly involving ICTs and leisure activities.
- Emerging new patterns of urban space morphology and landscape.
- Climate change, deteriorating conditions of environment and new challenges involving green urban design and sustainable urban planning.
- Informational societies, multi-ethic and multi-cultural urban societies.
In this milieu, cities change willfully and ad hoc while scholars and practitioners in design and planning analyse, design and plan cities in order to adapt them to the new conditions.
The main conference theme is: “Planning and Designing resilient cities under economic and environmental uncertainty”.
The conference aspires to bring together urban planners and designers, architects, landscape designers, urban geographers, urban economists, urban sociologists, and demographers, and investigate all together new challenges concerning cities and their future. The conference aims at becoming an international forum of transaction of ideas on changing cities.
Here more information: http://changingcities.prd.uth.gr/